Who we are:
The Central Billing Office Insurance Billing Unit is a group of certified coders and insurance professionals who generate claims on behalf of registered providers for submission to commercial insurance companies for payment determination. The unit was created in 2008 to assist Early Intervention independent or small group (one to seven therapists) providers in maximizing insurance payments. Currently, the Insurance Billing Unit does not bill for AT or DT providers.
Benefits of using the Insurance Billing Unit:
- Entirely free to currently enrolled and/or credentialed Early Intervention Providers.
- Helps to maximize insurance payments to the provider.
- Saves time for providers
- Insurance Billing Unit has knowledge of all current federal laws for billing.
- Access to speak directly to EI-CBO staff regarding billing questions and issues.
- We bill both the commercial insurance and CBO on behalf of our providers.
What we do:
- Register providers and the children they serve.
- Code encounters based on information from the rendering service provider.
- Prepare and submit private insurance claims.
- Handle claims status follow up.
- Submit any requested information to insurance carriers to assist in accurate claims processing.
- Prepare and submit appeals to insurance carriers.
- Prepare and submit required secondary claims to the CBO.
How we do it:
- We enroll providers and the children they service into our unit.
- We receive completed encounters from enrolled providers which allow us to create claims for insurance submission.
Required Provider Registration
Sample of a completed Provider Registration
- Completed Provider Registration for a provider working under a small agency (one to seven providers)
- Completed Provider Registration For a Solo provider
Required Participant Registration
- Participant Registration Form
- Evaluation Report
- Script (not required for social work or psychiatric services)
Sample of a completed Participant Registration
Submitting Participant Encounter Forms
Sample of a completed Participant Encounter Form
Insurance Billing Unit FAX number is: (217) 492-5629
Created and Maintained by