Tips and Resources for Early Interventionists Using Telephone Consultation Time to Connect with Families
Developed by EITP in collaboration with system stakeholders:
- Consultative Tips for Illinois EI (COVID): Partnering with Families through Consultation Time (telephone only)
- IFSP Development Auth (COVID): IFSP development auth during COVID
- Aligning EI Principles to Consultation (COVID): Tips for Aligning the Illinois EI Principles to Consultation
How do I refer to Early Intervention?
Use the Standardized Illinois Early Intervention Referral Form. Full completion of the form provides the EI team with information helpful to determine appropriate evaluations and services for the child. Send the form by fax to the appropriate Early Intervention Child and Family Connections office (CFC) based on the child’s zip code. If faxing is impossible, you or the parent may call the CFC directly. The local CFC can be located through the DHS Office Locator.
Early Intervention Central Billing Office Billing Information for Providers
- Provider Handbook 12/2016
- EICBO Billing Information for Providers
- Billing Requirements for Paper Claim Submission
- List of Denial Codes
- How to Send Resubmitted or Corrected Claims to the Central Billing Office
- IOC Website on Early Intervention Payments
- Early Intervention Central Billing 835 Files are Available through Availity
- Billing Information Release Form (5/14) – CQuest is committed to protecting the privacy of Protected Health Information (PHI) and complying with HIPAA Privacy Rules and Regulations. In doing so the Billing Information Release Form must be completed by the provider prior to releasing or disclosing of any PHI. Please see the update regarding the Billing Information Release Form here: BIR Instructions.
- Transportation Billing Form (06/13) -This is the transportation services billing form for Early Intervention.
- Electronic Billing– QClaims is the Early Intervention Central Billing Office’s method of allowing EI providers to submit claims electronically to the Central Billing Office. This software is free, easy to use and completely HIPAA compliant. Additionally, it drastically cuts the time from claim submission to provider payment, creates a permanent record of your billing and submission dates, and reduces your cost of doing business in EI. To get started simply visit http://spiclaims01.eicbo.info/ and view the initial sign up documentation.
Additional Provider Resources
- Early Intervention Training Program Resource Document: Working in Early Intervention as a Child Care Provider English ¦ Spanish
- Early Intervention Documents, Forms, Reports and Worksheets
- CBO HIPAA Companion Guide
- Signing up for Electronic Provider Claim Summary (ePCS) Delivery- An ePCS is the electronic form of the paper Provider Claim Summary (PCS) that is printed and mailed by the Central Billing Office. The recipients of the ePCS receive the document via email. To learn more please read the Signing up for ePCS Delivery informational document. To get started, contact the Early Intervention Help Desk at 1-800-634-8540.
PowerPoint Presentation Videos:
Created and Maintained by